Benefits of OLA Membership
Who are we?
We are a 501 (c) 6 non-profit organization with a membership of over 350 professionals involved in Ohio’s legislative and executive government process. Our members represent corporations, associations, non-profit organizations, labor organizations and public entities.
What is our mission?
Primarily, we seek to provide a vehicle for the discussion of public policy and professional issues, and for the dissemination of information regarding lobbying activities in the State of Ohio.
Additional information about our mission can be found here.
Why should I join?
The Association provides the opportunity to participate in a number of professional and social activities over the course of the year. Some examples include:
- Representation in the legislative process when bills impacting the entire membership are being debated.
- Sponsorship of legislative receptions for members of the General Assembly while in session.
- Sponsorship of a fall thank-you reception for staff of the General Assembly.
- Free continuing education courses under the OLA umbrella Certification Program, which offers members a variety of learning opportunities with a goal toward earning the Certified Lobbyist accreditation.
- Mentorship Program. An opportunity for seasoned lobbyists to mentor those new to the profession. New members may also sign up to be a “mentee.”
- Coordination of a Speakers Bureau to provide members the opportunity to educate the public on the organization and the role of lobbyists in the legislative process.
- Inclusion of your photo and a description of your area of expertise in the OLA directory that is distributed to all members of the General Assembly, all statewide elected officials, the Ohio Congressional delegation and all members of the OLA.
- OLA sponsors a Statehouse softball team each year, which members are invited to join.
- Additional events throughout the year coordinated to bring members together for fun, relaxation and networking.
- Most importantly, the association provides you with the opportunity to network with and learn from other members of the lobbying profession.
How much does it cost to join?
Annual dues are $200 per lobbyist for EACH of the first four (4) lobbyists from one organization. Fifth and subsequent members from one organization are $50 each.
I want to join! What do I do next?
Complete the >> Online Membership Application << today! Each new member applicant must have TWO current OLA members to sponsor their membership application. Please contact Managing Director Sheila Fox at 614.363-1616 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.