Amanda Sines to Lead OLA in 2020
The Ohio Lobbying Association welcomed over 150 members for its annual business meeting on February 26th and announced its Board of Directors for 2020. The meeting was held at the Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square in conjunction with its Legislative Reception.
Outgoing President Jessica Mead presided over the meeting, celebrating the successes of the organization over the past year before turning the gavel over to incoming President Amanda Sines, Partner at Government Advantage Group.
The 2020 Board includes:
- President – Amanda Sines, Government Advantage Group
- President-Elect – Bridget McAuliffe, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
- Vice President – Josh Sanders, Calfee, Halter & Griswold, LLP
- Secretary/Treasurer – Tony Brigano – Hicks Partners
- At-Large Member – Don Boyd, Ohio Bankers League
- At-Large Member – Melissa Kuhns Wheeler, Westfield Group
- At-Large Member – Chrisy Wright, IGS Energy
- Immediate Past President – Jessica Mead, CareSource
“Lobbyists, and the Ohioans we represent, are critical in crafting sound, responsible state public policy. I am honored to represent this important and necessary profession,” Sines said during her comments at the Annual Meeting.
Jessica Mead presented the Darryl “Doc” Dever President’s Award to Josh Sanders for his outstanding service to the OLA in 2019. The President’s Award is given at the discretion of the OLA President to an individual who has significantly contributed to the success of the Association.
The membership also recognized and thanked Rob Eshenbaugh of Capitol Advocates for his service to the association as he completed his eight-year term on the Board. He served as Immediate Past President in 2019.