Systems Director of Government Affairs
The System Director of Government Affairs will perform liaison functions between the organization and elected officials, advocating for the organization’s interest and developing a working relationship with each official.
The Director will create strong relationships, and foster the existing relationships with AHA, OHA and local, state and national elected officials while developing/ implementing strategies to secure support/funding for the furthering of the mission of Premier Health.
The Director will conduct research and monitor legislation; track healthcare related happenings within the government that could affect Premier proactively; research policies to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact their company in the future.
The role of System Director of Government Affairs to serve as a liaison between Premier Health and legislative, regulatory and policy organizations, community and business leaders for the purposes of building trust and support among elected officials, policy leaders and local community leadership who can affect Premier’s ability to deliver competitively priced quality health care.
This position will assist in recommending and coordinating participation by senior executives with elected officials and related industry organizations/agencies to promote Premier Health's mission.This role also serves as a resource to the board and management team to ensure strong relationships and partnerships with other organizations to improve access and health status among the underinsured/uninsured.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development/Relations, Public Policy, Government relations, Business, or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of government relations experience and competence in developing strategic plans. Evidence of increasing responsibility and successful development experience, preferably in healthcare, program management, advocating with government, developing policy or other related experience.
Position Qualifications: (Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities.)
- Goal oriented with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the vision and goals of the organization. Demonstrated initiative, and follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and effectively advocate on behalf of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and translate that thinking into action plans that accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently. Sound judgment and integrity.
- Exceptional multi-tasking, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under the pressure of constant deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong networks at the State and local greater Dayton area a plus
- Must have the ability to travel on a short notice and frequent evening and weekend work to accommodate official’s schedules.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, network employees, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner