Manager of Government Relations
Manager of Government Relations (part-time contract position) REPORTS TO CEO
The Manager of Government Relations:
• supports the President and the CEO;
• is responsible for managing state government relations on behalf of assigned LMK clients;
• is responsible for relationship building with state government representatives.
1. Assists LMK’s government affairs activities by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with elected officials and their staff, agency representatives and administration key contacts and stakeholders.
2. Manages Statehouse and agency activities as it relates to LMK clients to which they are assigned.
3. Identifies strategies to engage members in public policy input, lobby campaigns and government relations.
4. Attends legislative committee meetings when related legislation is being considered; meet with legislators and staff to communicate the perspective of LMK clients; communicate as needed with appropriate administrative agency representatives and lobbyists representing interested parties.
5. Provides resources and advice to assigned LMK clients.
6. Monitors news media and government sources for potential changes in regulatory and legislative areas to ensure LMK clients react effectively.
7. Supports LMK clients in their own lobbying efforts through advice and by opening doors with elected officials and civil servants.
8. Writes briefs on initiatives for educational, promotional and policy development.
Access to Hannah News subscription will be made available.
• University degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of government relations experience, coupled with a strong understanding of state government processes and institutions.
• Demonstrated competence in coalition building and strategic planning.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, superior oral and written capabilities, including the ability to build professional relationships with government officials.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders (members; academics; government; media) and the ability to respond to client needs (strategically and tactfully) as well as exercise leadership and diplomacy amongst diverse perspectives and priorities.
COMPENSATION: This is a paid, part-time contract position. The position will require approximately 15-20 hours of work per week.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter highlighting your public policy experience to Lori Kershner, Founder & CEO of LMK Advocacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: March 16, 2018.
Questions? Contact Lori Kershner at 614-915-2852.