Government Affairs Advisor
Status Solutions LLC
The Government Affairs Advisor will advocate organization’s government affairs agenda and corporate position with members of federal, state and local governments in accordance with the established priorities identified by the Chief of Staff, Executive Director, and Senior Management.
- Build relationships with elected and appointed government officials and staff to promote government affairs agenda
- Monitor and evaluate proposed state legislation
- Collaborate with the Chief of Staff and Executive Director to manage all media, consultant, public affairs networks in key states
- Draft legislative updates, fact sheets, newsletter articles, and testimony related to the government affairs priorities.
- Assist in establishing priorities for the use of the Status Solutions PAC and managing expenditure of PAC funds
- Represent Status Solutions at trade associations and legislative conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government relations, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in government, including working for a member of Congress, state legislator, or 2 years of government affairs experience.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Reports directly to Chief of Staff and Executive Director
- 50-60% travel required to assigned states (Texas, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee)
- Full-time position
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Life/AD&D insurance
- 401(k) match, paid-time-off, and paid holidays.
*Traveling is a primary responsibility for this role. Candidates are required to pass a driving and criminal record check prior to being offered the position.*
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Status Solutions develops situational awareness technologies for life safety, security, environmental monitoring and mass-notification. Our software solutions deliver real-time, detailed information to help organizations prevent loss and transform business operations. We customize each solution to meet customer needs and work within existing technology infrastructures. By centrally managing information and delivering it to various portals and dashboards, the solutions we provide help our customers better manage risk and protect people, property, business and convenience.